Wednesday, April 16, 2014
There are many reasons people choose to live in condos. Some of the benefits are you own your condo and can decide what your living space can look like. You can experience luxury living and know your home is safe and maintained while you are traveling. At Marymount, condo life means no more shoveling snow or cutting the grass. It includes access to the underground parking garage, storm shelter, a full basketball court, and a roof top deck with views unlike any other residential property in Salina. In addition, you have 10 years of property tax rebates on your condo.
Check out the view!
However, with the benefits, there can be worries as well. Condo living includes a social commitment which means sharing amenities and living close to your neighbors. Different developments work well for different people. It depends on your lifestyle.
Condominiums are governed by associations. All of the owners are members of the non-profit association which govern the residents and dictate use of facilities, assessments and amenities. These rules are designed to maintain the value of your investment and ensure your saftey.
Assessments are part of any condominium. At Marymount, these are calculated using the square footage of your living space and they consist of your every day utilities (water, gas, electricity, etc.), building insurance, interior/exterior maintenance and a reserve fee. All owners share title to the common areas: lobby, halls, parking and other amenities. The assessments take care of paying for all of these costs.
So what does it cost? Assessments for 2014 are $2.72 per square foot per year. This means that for a 1,299 square foot, two-bedroom condo you would pay $290 per month. If you add up your total cost for utilities, lawn care, insurance and long term maintenance you can compare how we stack up.
If you think condominium living is right for you then come see us. Our model is open for walk in tours and we have one and two bedroom units ready for you to move into today. Come see what maintenance free living is all about.
- Everyday Lights in Concert
- Welcome to Condo 105
- Garden Concert with Jenn Grinels
- Marrs Brothers & the Castle in Kansas
- Sunflower Living Magazine
- Marymount Featured on #YLIW
- "Marymount College of Kansas: A History"
- HGTV Set to Air "You Live in What?"
- Episode 309 A New Hope - HGTV Update
- "You Live in What?" Premiering on GAC
- Is Condo Life Right for You?
- "You Live in What?" Season Delayed
- HGTV Visit to Marymount Campus
- Join us for a Christmas Concert
- Join us for a Fall Concert in the Chapel
- Spring Building New Porches
- A Vision of Your Home: Design Rendering
- Join us for the Chamber After Hours
- MP to Unveil New Parking Garage
- Custom Floor Plans Available