Marymount Properties to Unveil State of the Art Parking Garage
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Marymount Properties, offering maintenance free living and residential condominiums, is excited to unveil its new, 1.5 million dollar parking garage. This state of the art facility will provide residential condominium owners with a secure entrance to their home and a safe location for their vehicles.
Each home owner will be allocated up to two of the forty-seven spaces in the 20,000 square foot garage. Residents will have remote control access to the garage and be able to take an elevator directly to their floor without having to go up any stairs. To date, seven of twenty-three condominiums have been sold to the public.
To construct the facility over 17,000 cubic yards of dirt were moved to make room for 6 million pounds of reinforced concrete. The area could hold approximately 3.4 million gallons of water. Ten percent of the removed dirt has been placed back on top of the garage to rebuild the sunken, garden courtyard, circle drive and southwest hill in order to recreate the look and feel of the original college grounds.
“The freedom to come and go is very important to our residents.” said Dahx Marrs, Director of Operation and Sales for Marymount Properties, “At every stage of your life you want different things. Our residents want the freedom to travel and not worry about their homes.”
The Parking Garage is one of many major improvements to the former Marymount College Administration Building. Construction has been completed on the geo-thermal well system and it is now operational. This system will heat and cool the residential condominiums at a substantial cost savings to our residents. Other improvements include new gas and electrical service; new water service; new Marvin Windows; and a roof deck overlooking all of Salina.
In addition to our unmatched views, spacious floor plans and luxurious finishes, condominium owners qualify for the City of Salina’s Neighborhood Revitalization Project Property Tax Rebates.
About Marymount Properties
The Sisters of St. Joseph opened Marymount College in 1922. In 1989 the college was closed by the Diocese of Salina. In 1993 the building was sold to Salina Architect, Donnie Marrs. Donnie formed a Kansas Corporation, TJTM Inc. dba Marymount Properties to hold the ownership of the building. Located next to the Salina Country Club and boasting a rich heritage, this local landmark will provide maintenance free living for those looking to link the past with the present.
- Everyday Lights in Concert
- Welcome to Condo 105
- Garden Concert with Jenn Grinels
- Marrs Brothers & the Castle in Kansas
- Sunflower Living Magazine
- Marymount Featured on #YLIW
- "Marymount College of Kansas: A History"
- HGTV Set to Air "You Live in What?"
- Episode 309 A New Hope - HGTV Update
- "You Live in What?" Premiering on GAC
- Is Condo Life Right for You?
- "You Live in What?" Season Delayed
- HGTV Visit to Marymount Campus
- Join us for a Christmas Concert
- Join us for a Fall Concert in the Chapel
- Spring Building New Porches
- A Vision of Your Home: Design Rendering
- Join us for the Chamber After Hours
- MP to Unveil New Parking Garage
- Custom Floor Plans Available